[Tanglu] Tanglu 2 (Bartholomea annulata) Alpha1 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Aug 23 11:12:47 EDT 2014

We are proud to announce the release of Alpha1 of Tanglu 2 today!
The release mainly brings updated software and loads of fixes
regarding systemd-services.
There also has been a lot of work on the Debian installer, to make it
work for Tanglu, and initial work exploring a port of Ubiquity (the
Ubuntu installer) to Tanglu has started - although this project is
only an experiment so far.
There have also been improvements to KDM (systemd integration), but we
expect the final release of Tanglu to ship with SDDM instead of KDM.
The whole Tanglu distribution is now built on debile[1] and there have
been several other infrastructure improvements alongside that large
change.
We decided to delay the release of Tanglu 2 until October, to do some
last package transitions (Perl 5.20, for example) and to ship some
more updated components and changes, e.g. it is likely that we will
provide all of the KDE SC 4.14 release.
During that time, the Tanglu 1 release will of course stay supported.

The Alpha1 snapshots can be found at these mirrors:
http://releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/alpha1/
http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/alpha1/
http://yofel.net/tanglu/cdimage/1.80/

(Keep in mind that this is an Alpha release and not meant for stable setups)

Thank you for using Tanglu!
    Matthias Klumpp

[1]: http://buildd.tanglu.org/