[Tanglu] Tanglu 2 (Bartholomea annulata) RC1 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sun Dec 7 12:45:26 EST 2014

Today we are proud to announce the release of the Tanglu 2
(Bartholomea annulata) Release Candidate 1.

Compared to the previous Beta release, RC1 contains various bug fixes,
most notably for bug #68 (no network-manager in GNOME flavour), #84
(fsck failure on first boot after installation with live-installer)
and #99 (race between plymouth-quit and GDM).
We also updated a few more packages to work better with systemd and
fixed a Plymouth crash, as well as the Plymouth bootscreen not being
shown in case proprietary drivers are used.

Also, all packages in Tanglu 2 are now installable and all remaining
RC bugs are fixed.
You can expect the final release of Tanglu 2 on the 12.December.
Currently, release notes are being written, you can check out the
current version at
http://wiki.tanglu.org/Releases/BartholomeaReleaseNotes

You can download ISOs for the RC1 via the following links:

 A) http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/rc1/
 B) http://releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/rc1/

We also build daily snapshots of the Tanglu suite which is currently
in development. These can be found here:
 http://yofel.net/tanglu/cdimage/daily-live/current/

If you find an issue, please report it at http://bugs.tanglu.org/

Kind regards,
    Matthias Klumpp