[Tanglu] Tanglu 2.0 (Bartholomea annulata) released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Dec 13 12:50:38 EST 2014

We are proud to announce the release of Tanglu 2 (Bartholomea annulata) today!

Tanglu 2 comes with a lot of updated packages, a recent systemd,
up-to-date KDE4 and the latest release of GNOME.

We now offer the Debian Installer as new method to install Tanglu,
which should be used instead of the live-installer. The live-installer
is still available though.

Tanglu comes with a preview of AppStream integration, making it easier
to discover new applications in the Tanglu archives in KDE and GNOME.

Additionally to the KDE and GNOME flavors, we offer a "Tanglu Core"
flavor as well now, which contains the basic operating system, but not
more (just enough to get a login shell and some comfort in working
with it). If you want to customize Tanglu, this flavor is your choice!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, to Debian for the
great work on the OS we base Tanglu on, and last but not least to our
users for the constructive feedback during the Bartholomea release
cycle.

You can get Tanglu 2 ISO images on our website: http://tanglu.org/download/
Please take a look at the release notes first:
http://wiki.tanglu.org/Releases/BartholomeaReleaseNotes

Have fun with Tanglu 2!
The Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris) development process will open in 3 days.

Kind regards on behalf of the Tanglu members,
    Matthias Klumpp