[Tanglu] Tanglu Aequorea Beta2 released!
matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Jan 18 21:39:05 EST 2014
The Tanglu Beta2 was released today/yesterday! There are new
live-images for available for KDE and GNOME.
The beta-release contains the following changes and bugfixes:
* The systemd journal is now used for logging exclusively.
You can install rsyslog to get the old behaviour back, and switch
the journal to non-persistent mode.
If you want to test the journal, type "journalctl -b" to get all
messages from last
* KDE received a new theming for KDM/KSplash, so we can now show a
KDM, which is considered more user-friendly. User faces are now
loaded from the user's
settings, instead of system directories by default.
* Tanglu does no longer include an MTA by default. If you want one,
install one and configure it
* We ship with a functional live-installer now! You can install
Tanglu easily to try it out.
Unfortunately, the Debian installer is still not working, so you
will have to boot into
the live session to install Tanglu.
* GNOME is now working. GDM and g-s-d will no longer crash. The Shell
and various other
GNOME parts were updated to GNOME 3.10
* We now ship the 1.14 version of Xorg
* Linux 3.12 is now default
* People with ATi graphics cards might have trouble with installing
the proprietary fglrx driver
* In some very rare cases, the live-cd won't auto-login. In that
case, just reboot and try again, or use the password "live" to access
* Some packages are not installable, for a list, see  (they will
be removed from the release if they are not fixed)
You can download the release from these mirrors:
Debian Developer | Freedesktop-Developer
I welcome VSRE emails. See http://vsre.info/
More information about the Tanglu-announce