[Tanglu] Archive Server Migration

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jun 3 10:22:25 EDT 2014

Hello!
Due to the continued growth of the Tanglu Project, we are currently
running short on resources for our archive (archive.tanglu.org).
Therefore, we will migrate it to a new server this week. The migration
should be painless for Tanglu users, ideally they shouldn't even
notice it.
Although, it might come to a few issues when fetching changelogs or
running "apt update". In case that happens, we will work to resolve
these issues quickly-
For developers, there is a one or two-days freeze of the archive where
no packages are being processed and the incoming queue is closed.
We will try to open again as soon as possible.
These other services will be affected of the migration as well:
 * qa.tanglu.org
 * ftp-master.tanglu.org
 * hub.tanglu.org
 * buildd.tanglu.org
 * packages.tanglu.org (will go out of sync for a few days)
Maintainers of archive mirrors might be unable to mirror the archive
for a few hours.
Migrating the server will also improve security and free resources we
can use to realize new projects, for example adding the long desired
Tanglu User Forums.
Sorry for any inconvenience the migration might cause, and stay tuned
for more interesting news in future!
Kind regards,
    Matthias Klumpp