[Tanglu] Tanglu 2 (Bartholomea annulata) Beta2 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Nov 8 19:59:08 EST 2014

We are excited to announce the release of the second Beta of Tanglu 2
(Bartholomea annulata) today!

The new release brings tons of improvements, most notably GNOME 3.14
with fixed GDM autologin and a fully usable Debian-Installer (d-i).

This means Tanglu can now be installed using the Debian-Installer as
well, which supports a lot more features compared to our existing
live-installer (which is still available to install Tanglu 2).

We also included the latest bugfix release of KDE 4.11 and updated the
KDE applications, which now match the packages currently in Debian
unstable/testing.

SDDM remains the default session manager for KDE

For the base system, systemd was upgraded, along with a couple of
other components. We now ship with a more recent version of nfs-utils
(1.3.0).
This version was not tested enough in Tanglu yet, so please report any
issues you encounter with it.

Known issues of this release:
 * Autologin is broken on the KDE flavor live-cd, so if you are asked
for a password, just enter "live" to log in.
 * When installing using the d-i method, Plymouth does not work and no
graphical bootsplash is shown after installation.

We still need help with these issues, so please contact us if you want
to help solving these bugs.

You can get the new release from these mirrors:
 A) http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/beta/
 B) http://releases.tanglu.org/bartholomea/beta/

This announcement can also be found in our new project blog, which
contains some screenshots as well:
http://tanglu.org/blog/2014/11/tanglu-2-bartholomea-annulata-beta2-released/

Have fun!
    Matthias Klumpp