[Tanglu] Codename for Tanglu 3

Matthias Klumpp mak at debian.org
Sat Nov 29 10:57:26 EST 2014

Hello!
Yesterday, the voring for the next Tanglu release codename was closed.
We had 14 valid votes. "First place" votes where counted three times,
where "second place" votes were counted once.
This resulted in the following ranking:
 1) Chromodoris willani (15)
 2) Calliactis polypus (14)
 3) Crunchy Crab (10)

Chromodoris won against Calliactis just by one second-choice vote, so
this was an incredibly close thing this time.

Anyway, the official release name for Tanglu 3 will be Chromodoris willani!
Chromodoris willani is the scientific name of a sea slug, see
Wikipedia[1] for details.

The Chromodoris genus includes a large number of very colorful sea
slugs, therefore it is a perfect name for Tanglu 3, which wants to be
colorful and open as well (but not a slug - we still want to be fast).

Plans for Tanglu 3 likely include KDE Plasma/Frameworks 5 integration,
a better installer, easier distribution-upgrades and full AppStream
integration.
But nothing is set in stone yet.

Kind regards,
    Matthias Klumpp