[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) Alpha released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Apr 18 14:55:30 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the release of the first development
release of Tanglu 3, which includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and
Tanglu Core!

This alpha release contains many exciting changes, most notably the
inclusion of KDE Plasma Workspace 5 and KDE Frameworks 5.

It also contain the following highlights:
 * systemd 219
 * Linux 3.19 (will be updated to 4.0 soon)
 * Parts of GNOME 3.16, we plan to ship the full thing soon
 * Calamares[1] as new default live-installer for Tanglu
 * Many packages rom Debian Jessie

When testing Tanglu 3 Alpha, please keep in mind that it is a
development snapshot release and still contains many rough edges. We
are interested in any input on the new release, especially the
Calamares installer needs some additional testing. If you experience
problems, you might find help on the forums[2] - or simply report a
bug[3].

Currently, we have some broken non-core packages in the development
suite, you can view a full list of them at
http://qa.tanglu.org/debcheck/brokenpkg_amd64.html.

You can get the development release from the following mirrors: