[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Aug 4 11:21:52 EDT 2015

We are proud to announce the release of Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) today!

Tanglu 3 comes with fresh new packages, a Linux 4.0 kernel, systemd 224,
KDE Plasma 5.3 and the latest GNOME release, GNOME 3.16.

On the installer side, the previous live-installer has been replaced
with Calamares[1], which is now available as additional option to the
Debian-Installer installation method.

The KDE Plasma flavor of Tanglu now comes with Plasma 5, and replaces
the Apper package manager with Muon Discover, for installing new
software (Apper will come back in future, when it is fully ported).
A lot of the KDE packaging is now shared with Kubuntu and the KDE
flavor of Debian.

GNOME is available in version 3.16, although a few components are
still on their previous 3.14 release.

Tanglu Core received the usual amount of updates, serving as a base OS
for everyone who does not want a preconfigured desktop installed.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release! To Debian for the
great work on the OS we base Tanglu on, the Kubuntu developers for
sharing the work on building KDE Frameworks 5 packages with us,
everyone who contributed patches, packages and bug reports, and last
but not least to our users for the constructive feedback during the
(longer than usual) Chromodoris release cycle.

You can get Tanglu 3 ISO images on our website: http://tanglu.org/download/
Please take a look at the release notes first:
http://wiki.tanglu.org/Releases/ChromodorisReleaseNotes

Have fun with Tanglu 3!
The Tanglu 4 (Dasyatis) development process will open in about 4 days,
when the toolchain has been built.

Kind regards on behalf of the Tanglu members,
    Matthias Klumpp

----
[1]: https://calamares.io/
Bugtracker: http://tracker.tanglu.org/