[Tanglu] Happy new year from Tanglu!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Dec 31 13:18:36 EST 2015

The past months were a wild ride for Tanglu. Leaving from our second
major release in December '14 we went on towards the development cycle
of "Chromodoris willani". Making big progress especially on
implemention of Calamares as live installer was one of the main tasks.
With an alpha and a beta version as well as two release candidates we
achieved lots of updates towards Tanglu's core features: giving a
convenient user experience though staying close to upstream Debian.

Currently Tanglu's development is on it's way towards Dasyatis kuhlii,
our fourth major release within about two years! To give everybody
interested the chance to test there is an alpha version around. In case
you missed it grab the ISO file on tanglu.org. [1]
More details on the current state of development work and the Tanglu
project in general can be found on our blog. [2]

As 2015 is coming to an end very soon it's time to thank everyone
involved: contributers of code and feedback, pre-release testers,
active users on the forum - without you Tanglu wouldn't be as awesome
as it is up to now. Thank you for all your efforts!

For anyone interested to get involved with Tanglu: go ahead! We are
very open to new ideas and nice people spending some time on the
project. Check out the #tanglu-devel channel on Freenode or join
the tanglu-devel mailinglist [4] - ideally think about what you would
like to do to improve Tanglu. There are also plenty of non-packaging
tasks to do, or you can help with the artwork. So if you are a Debian
Developer or Maintainer or an Ubuntu Developer, please ask to join the
team and you can get access quickly. If you know how to create Debian
packages and we have a trust chain to your GPG-key it is also very easy
to get involved. For everything else we will help as good as we can. ;)

But for now: have a very happy new year 2016!

[1] http://tanglu.org/blog/2015/10/tanglu-40-dasyatis-kuhlii-alpha-released/
[2] http://tanglu.org/blog/2015/12/whats-up-in-tanglu/
[3] http://tanglu.org/contribute/