[Tanglu] Call for infrastructure support

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Feb 26 10:26:52 EST 2015

Hello everyone!
Just to answer the obvious question in advance: We are making good
progress with Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris), which will feature KDE Plasma 5
and likely GNOME 3.16 as well.

However, development is currently a bit slowed down due to our reduced
build server capacities.
When Tanglu was started, we had 6 machines building binary packages for it.
At time, we only have 2 build servers constantly creating packages
(with another one being added from time to time), which leads to very
long build queues and longer-than-necessary delays until packages
reach their target suite.

So, if you would like to help Tanglu and have a spare machine (or VM),
we would be very happy to add it as additional package builder. The
machines need at least 2GB of RAM and need to connect to
buildd.tanglu.org and archive.tanglu.org - ideally, we need to be able
to establish a ssh connection to them and get root, to automatically
manage the builder.

You can see what the Tanglu builders are currently building at
http://buildd.tanglu.org/

On a more general note, since some people have asked if it was
possible to donate money to Tanglu: I am currently looking into ways
to make this possible and as transparent as possible. Ideally, we
would be/have a non-profit organization taking money and managing it
for Tanglu, but since the organizational overhead of that is huge. So
I am looking into easier ways at time, with a way to make it
transparent what we use the money for.

If you want to contribute to Tanglu, please get in contact with us via
IRC (Freenode, #tanglu-devel) or email (tanglu-devel mailinglist on
lists.tanglu.org, you can also contact me in private for non-public
matters).

Kind regards,
    Matthias Klumpp