[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) RC2 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jul 14 16:36:01 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the release of the second and last release
candidate (RC) of Tanglu 3, which includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME
and Tanglu Core!

The RC2 contains all changes from the previous RC1, and a set of
important, last minute bugfixes.
Especially some changes in the installer made a second RC necessary.
Unfortunately, the EFI-live-cd-boot support had to be removed again,
as it was not working properly. Complete EFI support has been deferred
to the next release.

If you experience problems, you might find help on the forums[1]. In
case you find a bug, please report it at the bug tracker[2].

Currently, the only known bug blocking the release is issue #122[3].
If you are affected by this bug, you can work around it or install
using the d-i install option on the live-cd boot menu.

In case you get the screen shield on the live-cd, you can log in again
using the password "live".

Please check out the Chromodoris Release Notes[4] before testing
Tanglu. Currently, the release notes are a work in progress, and will
change until we release the final version of Tanglu.

You can get the development release from the following mirrors:

 * [DE] http://releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/rc2
 * [US] http://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/tanglu-releases/chromodoris/rc2
 * [DE] http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/rc2

We also continuously build snapshots of the current development state,
and publish them here.

We are always looking for new contributors to Tanglu, who want to help
shaping the future of this distribution! If you want to help, feel
free to contact us via email to tanglu-devel at lists.tanglu.org, or
via IRC #tanglu-devel (Freenode).

Have fun with the new development release!

[1]: http://tangluusers.org
[2]: http://tracker.tanglu.org/
[3]: http://tracker.tanglu.org/T122
[4]: http://wiki.tanglu.org/Releases/ChromodorisReleaseNotes