[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) RC1 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jun 30 19:31:20 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the release of the first release candidate
(RC) of Tanglu 3, which includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and Tanglu
Core!

The RC release contains all changes from the previous Beta release,
and some updated GNOME and KDE packages, as well as many bugfixes.

It ships with the following software versions:
 * systemd 221
 * Linux 4.0
 * KDE Plasma 5.3
 * GNOME 3.16
 * Calamares 1.1

The Tanglu live-cd contains experimental support for EFI, but due to
some issues reported with it, we will likely disable it again and
defer full EFI support to the Tanglu 4 release.

If you experience problems, you might find help on the forums[1]. In
case you find a bug, please report it at the Bugtracker[2].

In case you get the screen shield on the live-cd, you can log in again
using the password "live".

Please check out the Chromodoris Release Notes[3] before testing
Tanglu. Currently, the release notes are a work in progress, and will
change until we release the final version of Tanglu.

You can get the development release from the following mirrors:

 * http://releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/rc1 [DE]
 * http://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/tanglu-releases/chromodoris/rc1 [US]
 * http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/rc1
[DE]

We are always looking for new contributors to Tanglu, who want to help
shaping the future of this distribution! So if you want to help, feel
free to contact us via email to tanglu-devel[4], or via IRC
#tanglu-devel (Freenode). There are a couple of non-coding tasks as
well, e.g. we would need a new introduction slideshow for Calamares,
and some help with the Tanglu web services.

Have fun with the new development release!

   --- Matthias Klumpp

[1]: http://tangluusers.org/
[2]: http://tracker.tanglu.org/
[3]: http://wiki.tanglu.org/Releases/ChromodorisReleaseNotes