[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) Beta released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat May 30 15:15:08 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the beta release of Tanglu 3, which
includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and Tanglu Core!

The beta release contains many updated packages compared to the
previous alpha release. It also features a fresh new wallpaper.

Most importantly, these components were updated:
 * systemd 220
 * Linux 4.0
 * KDE Plasma 5.3
 * GNOME 3.16
 * Calamares Git snapshot
 * All changes from Debian Jessie

When testing Tanglu 3 Beta, please keep in mind that it is a
development snapshot release and still contains many rough edges. It
also contains some known bugs, e.g. a GEdit starting issue under GNOME
(TT: #156).

If you experience problems, you might find help on the forums[1]. In
case you find a bug, please report it at the Bugtracker[2].

Currently, we have some broken non-core packages in the development
suite, you can view a full list of them at [3].

In case you get the screen shield on the live-cd, you can log in again
using the password "live". We will disable the shield on the live-cds
in future releases to resolve this issue.

You can get the development release from the following mirrors:

 * http://releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/beta [DE]
 * http://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/tanglu-releases/chromodoris/beta [US]
 * http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/beta
[DE]

We also continuously build snapshots of the current development state,
and publish them at [4].

We are always looking for new contributors to Tanglu, who want to help
shaping the future of this distribution! So if you want to help, feel
free to contact us via email to tanglu-devel[5], or via IRC at
#tanglu-devel (Freenode). There are a couple of non-coding tasks as
well, e.g. we could need a new introduction slideshow for Calamares,
and some help with the Tanglu web services.

Have fun with the new development release!

  -- Matthias Klumpp

[1]: http://tangluusers.org/
[2]: http://tracker.tanglu.org/
[3]: http://qa.tanglu.org/debcheck/brokenpkg_amd64.html