[Tanglu] Tanglu 4 (Dasyatis kuhlii) Alpha released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Mon Oct 26 15:55:52 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the release of the first development
release of Tanglu 4, which includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and
Tanglu Core!

This alpha release contains many changes - it also marks the point
where the GCC 5 transition is completed[1] (except for some minor
follow-up transitions).
We also re-synchronized our KDE packages with the ones from Debian.

It also contain the following highlights:
 * systemd 207
 * Linux 4.2
 * KDE Plasma 5.4
 * GNOME 3.18, using Wayland for the GDM login
 * Updated Calamares live-installer
 * Many packages from Debian Testing

When testing Tanglu 4 Alpha, please keep in mind that it is a
development snapshot release and still contains many rough edges. We
are interested in any input on the new release.
In order to complete the GCC 5 transition and some follow-up
transitions, we had to remove some packages from the release suite. In
case you miss any package you need, please file a bug. It is likely
that the packages will be reintroduced anyway very soon, but by filing
a bug you can ensure that the package is taken care of.
If you experience problems with the Alpha release, you might find help
on the forums[2] - or simply report a bug[3].

Currently, we have some broken non-core packages in the development
suite, you can view a full list of them at
http://qa.tanglu.org/debcheck/brokenpkg_amd64.html.

You can get the development release from the following mirrors: