[Tanglu-devel] A new status report

ca2013 at arcor.de ca2013 at arcor.de
Fri Jun 28 03:32:26 EDT 2013

> > DebianEdu uses the /DebianEdu Namespace in the Debian wiki
> > and this seems to work out well and clear.
>
> I suspect the main reason they get away with this is because they have
> Debian
> in their name.

The original name is skolelinux, and that actually continues to be the name of the
Debian Pure Blend which is produced by the Debian Edu project.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu

As their releases do not happen in sync with debian's, they too have their
own repositores.
(They usually released after stable, and have some newer/customized/additional
package versions).

Nevertheless, they decided to package things with debian wherever possible.
So the the configuration and meta-packages are maintained in debian resembling
a Debian Pure Blend.

Their repositories still allows them to have their own pace in the release process
(adapt to next stable). It shows that uploading things to Debian and supporting a
different release scheme are well possible simultaniously.