[Tanglu-devel] How to donate financially

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Mar 23 09:23:23 EDT 2013

2013/3/23 Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe at gmail.com>:
> Also, I wanted to mention, I don't have a lot of money to donate, but I'd
> like to give what I can, when I can to the project. Is there a Paypal
> account set up where I can drop a few dollars here and there when I can?
Setting up an account like this is difficult, as there would be one
person in control of the money, and to be honest I don't like that, as
it often leads to problems. (Some people don't trusting that person,
we need to ensure where the money goes and how much we have etc.)
My long-term goal ist to create a Tanglu non-profit organisation,
which would be able to handle donations properly and to receive bigger
donations, so we would have a "Tanglu e.V.", similar to what KDE did,
But that strongly depends on the success of the project and if it is
worth it (= if the community is big enough)
At time, the most helpful thing is a server donation, e.g. a simple
virtual server or rootserver somewhere which can run a build-daemon or
another part of our infrastructure. That would be incredibly useful
and immediate help.
I will discuss the money aspects with the other founding members
again, and maybe we will come up with a good idea. But for pure money
donations, as said, I currently see a huge chance of trouble. (Unless
you bind them to a specific thing, e.g. "me and person X and Y are
paying server costs for server Z")
Regards,