[Tanglu-devel] New Logo is ready

Noel David Torres Taño envite at rolamasao.org
Sat Mar 23 09:46:53 EDT 2013

On Sábado, 23 de marzo de 2013 13:31:50 Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 2013/3/23 Noel David Torres Taño <envite at rolamasao.org>:
> > Hi all
> >
> > New logo (at this moment only the BIG version) is ready.
> >
> > I made it fully scriptable (fully means 100%) so it can be created from
> > scratch and fully tweaked.
> >
> > Please find it here http://www.rolamasao.org/tanglu and comment
>
> I like the design, but I think for a logo we are looking for something
> more "cartoonish", something you can easily draw in sand with your
> hands.

I agree that we need something easier for small-sized logos, like those we put
on a corner on websites, but what I like most from this design is that it
depicts Tanglu as something you know where it starts, at the center, with a
sharp edge, and then it flows and grows and sometimes it ends at nothig, but
it always continue and grows until it fill the whole.
> E.g.
> http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/files/2012/09/Characterizing-Uncertainty-SW
> IRL-graphic.jpg
> http://wegraphics.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/swirl6f.jpg
> http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/201958/201958,125077829
> 7,6/stock-vector-abstract-deep-blue-swirl-illustration-35681617.jpg
> http://www.easyelements.com/image-files/swirl-brush-set-example-2.jpg
> http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/4/8/6/11970903611824328767ryanlerch_swirl.
> svg.med.png => Some very clear borders.
> Also think of a logo which would also look good as favicon on websites
> (in 16x16).

Already working on that, and also on a darker version that works well when
printed or displayed on white background.