[Tanglu-devel] We need build servers!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Mar 26 15:41:17 EDT 2013

Hello!
The main Tanglu archive server is up and running now. It currently
provides five services:
 * Tanglu Bugtracker (bugs.tanglu.org)
 * Tanglu package archive (archive.tanglu.org)
 * Tanglu archive maintenance and upload queue (ftp-master.tanglu.org)
 * Tanglu build service administration (wanna-build)
 * Tanglu archive keyring and keyserver (later available as keyring.tanglu.org)

The only missing bit are build servers now. We need some to build for
the i386 and amd64 architectures. If you have a server around which
idles and doesn't do anything useful, it could become a buildd for
Tanglu! It should have sufficient disk space, and relatively fast CPU.
A fast internet connection is not required. Even slow machines can
accept build jobs, because it doesn't mater much when they finish
building (of course faster is always better).
If we cannot find enough servers (at least two) for building stuff, we
will have to build locally and have the main archive server handle
some of the builds, which I don't like that much.
There are also discussions with some people to donate servers, but
this will take some time (months) to produce results.
In any case, we are working hard to provide a working infrastructure
as soon as possible. :-)
Kind regards,
    Matthias Klumpp