[Tanglu-devel] glibc and kernel

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 06:08:49 EDT 2013

Heavily based on debian testing as our base for packaging while
it's not frozen or too old. We want newer software so if glib is too old
we will have a diferent version from testing, this is why we are
different from apt2sid, Mint LDME and other distros based only on
testing...

Best,

2013/3/27 Radu Andries <admiral0 at tuxfamily.org>:
> Hello, i've already introduced myself, but i'm not good in design.
>
> I heard in IRC that distro will be heavily based on debian testing... I have
> a proposal. IMO it would be better to ship the same version of glibc as
> ubuntu for two main reasons:
>
> 1. Steam needs 2.15
> 2. Bugs in 2.13 that make rtld-audit unusable.
>
> point 2 is needed for proper nvidia optimus support. There is code by
> amonakov that uses this feature.
>
> admiral0

Daniel Nicoletti

KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com