[Tanglu-devel] Big patch for the German translation of the webpage - needs revision

Alexander R. ari at housingsklave.at
Sun Mar 31 08:32:14 EDT 2013

Hey folks,

a few minutes ago I opened a merge [1] request from my clone of
tanglu-www into the main repository. I spent today and yesterday with
the completion of the webpage translation into German, there is
currently only one string - "Tanglu Open Project" - which has not been
translated into German.

I really ask you to tear this translation into pieces and find the
errors I've surely made in the process of doing so. Dictionaries, the
wordlist of the Debian l10n-german-maintainers [2] and Lokalize were a
great help, but there are some things that need some checking and
revision.

*) Proper use of \n(ewline) in the whole document. I'm not sure if I
did it right all the time.
*) Consistency of the translation. Although I double checked most
words there might be two different versions of one word from time to time.
*) "Sie" versus "du" aka "formal" versus "informal". I tried to stick
with the informal version most of the time, but I might have made some
mistakes there too.
*) "Du" versus "man". Same problem here, I was not always sure if I
translated "you" correctly.

Also there are some strings that have only been roughly translated, I
tried to put as much sense-making comments into the file as I could,
hoping that they will help other people find better solutions than me.

Thanks for your help!

cheers,
Alex

[1] https://gitorious.org/tanglu-www/tanglu-www/merge_requests/7