[Tanglu-devel] Another day, another logo

Ink Apnea inkapnea at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 20:48:52 EDT 2013

Thank you Matthias.

Color:
I'm also not really convinced by the gray center, while gray is boring it's
also a neutral color and balances nice with other two colors. I made some
samples with other colors instead of gray but i'm not satisfied with the
results.
So I put online the SVG versions and licensed them under CC-BY-SA so now
anyone has a possibility to experiment further and maybe come with better
results.

Various shapes:
I appreciate that you are aware that this logo design has the ability to
generate multiple alterations. So I allowed myself to dream a little (it
would be great to have Tanglu as a new base for some well known Deb based
desktop distributions). Those logos are not proposals, just playing with
some patterns.

Font:
Cantarell is a really nice font I never considered for the logo, so made
some versions with it now. Unfortunatelly it doesn't look good on the 4
versions where the text is under the logo (the characters are too slim
IMHO, also in their bold variant).
On the other 2 bigger versions it looks much better and has a good impact.
So at the end i think Bitstream Vera Sans behaves better near the Tanglu
logo. Just replaced it with DejaVu Sans which is identical by form but more
free by license.

3 new images can be seen here:
http://inkapnea.blogspot.com/2013/03/tanglu-logo-some-modifications.html

Ink Apnea