[Tanglu-devel] (Live CD) Installer

ca2013 at arcor.de ca2013 at arcor.de
Thu May 9 14:58:48 EDT 2013

Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> From skimming through it, it looks fine, but the reference to
> DebianPureBlends is misleading, since Tanglu will not be a Debian pure
> blend.

Yes, I pictured the Tanglu project as not being *just* a blend.
(It creates a derivative distribution as well.)

> It aims to integrate most of the changes back, if possible, but
> it might still carry extra packages and additional changes which
> Debian doesn't have (yet).

Yes, and aside from the packages and patches that may not be
acceptable in debian, I think many deltas will be of pre-configurations and
preseedings that may not be acceptable as defaults in debian.

Thus, by packaging these configuration option as a pure blend
does ( i.e. "to support a particular target group out-of-the-box"),
these configurations could become available in all debian branches.
And in this sense I was picturing one part of Tanglu consists of
creating a pure (desktop) blend as well.

Cheers,
Christian