[Tanglu-devel] Attention Developers! Build services are in automatic mode now!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu May 16 17:46:10 EDT 2013

Hi everyone!
As you might have guessed from
http://lists.tanglu.org/pipermail/tanglu-announce/2013-May/000007.html
, the build infrastructure is completed now. It is working a bit slow,
but this will be fixed by some improvements in jenkins/Jetty and by
writing a cache for the dependencywalker.
This also means that the buildmaster is now *automatically* analyzing
new packages and sending them to the buildds. No manual intervention
needed anymore!
You can also, unlike in Debian, upload source-only packages, which
will be processed just like binary uploads. However, binary uploads
are still possible, for bootstrapping of packages, and for cases where
source-only uploads might fail. Also, by prebuilding the package, you
can save some time on the buildds.
As soon as your package is ACCEPTED in the archive, the buildmaster
will process it. It might still take some time until a build request
is issued, due to other actions going on which take priority. If your
package is not built, check the Depwait and Failed sections. If your
package has not been built in two days, although all dependencies are
there, please contact me, so I can take a look at it.
But I don't expect issues to happen.
Happy hacking everyone!

KDE-Developer    | GNOME-Contributor