Aw: Non-free Linux firmware

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Tue Nov 12 04:51:00 EST 2013

Hi all!

cameron <camerontnorman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Shipping non-free firmware, at least what linux includes by default, will
> make the distro more welcoming to inexperienced users. Additionally, non-free
> software/firmware should be separated from the rest of the distribution.
> So, in summary, 3, but also have other nonfree soft/firmware and contrib in
> the repo too.

I agree with Cameron to use 3) but for firmware only. Non-free and contrib should
stay in their repos to prevent unnecessary work for the project.

On the other hand 2) has the smallest effort. And as I red the mails man power is
the most missing point for Tanglu.

So, 2) is for me the most pragmatical way for the first release.

Best,
Thomas

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein