Focus of development & import freeze

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Sep 19 05:38:56 EDT 2013


Hi!
I think it might make some sense to start to work actively towards the
first Tanglu release now.
Effectively, this means that we need to define the components we want
to ship and the time when we want to stop syncing packages from
Debian.
Every Debian package sync potentially breaks stuff and requires
adjustments and rebuilds, so it makes some sense to disable the
automatic sync soon, so we can stabilize the current distribution.
This would mean that Tanglu 1.1 ships with GNOME 3.8 and KDE 4.10.
We could of course also delay the auto-sync-freeze, which would result
in newer stuff in the release, but will certainly delay the release.
(Right now, I am not sure if we want that)
There are lots of issues in the archive which need to be fixed before
we can make a release ;-)
Speaking of that, I also think that we can support the release until
the next Tanglu release + 2 months - the small team can't handle
longer support cycles right now (it is boring work, and saying that we
could support a Tanglu release for a longer time would be lying right
now).
Any commends/suggestions/votes on this?
Cheers,
   Matthias


More information about the Tanglu-devel mailing list