Nicer QA pages! Debian import started.

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Fri Dec 26 21:14:31 EST 2014

Hello everyone and seasons greetings!

I sat down for some hours to improve the experience of our QA pages
and to improve the quality of information these pages expose.

If you don't know it already: http://qa.tanglu.org/ is a central
resource for information about the Tanglu archive. It is also the
first place to look if you need an easy task to get started with
Tanglu development ;-)

New stuff on the pages includes:
 * a fresh Bootstrap-based design
 * nicer visuals for Britney reports
 * a continuously update broken packages report
 * a Synchrotron issues report (that one has been available before,
but it was hidden and not yet issue free - the new report is much
better)
 * updated package-watch with some cruft removed

We already have a few broken packages in chromodoris ;-) (fortunately,
only minor issues on non-free packages)

In case you find any issues, please let me know!

We also started importing packages from Debian Jessie today, so the
builders will get lots of stuff to process the next weeks.
Migrations from staging to chromodoris happen unsupervised now and twice a day.
The bartholomea-updates suite is open for uploads now as well, so if
you have anything which needs to reac our stable release, upload it
there.

Unfortunately, we currently only have two fully-working (and one
semi-broken) package builders at time, so if you have a spare machine
which we can use to build packages, please let us know!
I will publish a call for help via tgl-announce in January.

I am also looking into how we can receive donations for Tanglu in a
transparent way, and if we could maybe participate in Snowdrift[1] to
support development.

Also, all creative ideas on how to get new people interested in Tanglu
are welcome! Realizing new ideas is much easier now, the thing which
we need most is manpower
(development/QA/promotion/website/forum-moderation/etc.).

That's it for now!
Enjoy the last days of 2014!

   Matthias

[1]: https://snowdrift.coop/