Tanglu archive (almost) stable, Changelogs working, Bugs, Beta3 release published

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Fri Feb 7 14:01:15 EST 2014

Hi!

2014-02-07 Ink Apnea <inkapnea at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, we have a Beta3 release now! You can get it from
>> the usual sources, and as soon as I have run a few tests, there will
>> be an official announcement as well.
>
> Great news today! :-)
> Does this mean that before the official announcement of  Beta3 the
> snapshot ISOs on the server will be renamed according to the bellow
> pattern (just to reduce confusion)?
> tanglu-1.0-beta3-kde-live-i386.hybrid.iso
> or
> tanglu-kde-live-1.0-beta3-i386.hybrid.iso
Yes, it will :-) I changed the scripts just seconds ago. For the
current beta3, it is too late, but all following releases will contain
versions.

>> Also, the bugtracker has been migrated away from Bugzilla back to
>> Trac, which scales much better with the large amount of packages in
>> Tanglu and is easier to maintain for us.
>
> Yeah, is the bug hunting season now officially open? Is it now
> recommended to start reporting bugs on bugs.tanglu.org referring to
> the Beta3 release? Some guys asked me if is it ok to start reporting
> bugs but I was unsure if it was too early because of the heavy
> development and if the new tracker was in 100% functional state.
Careful bug reporting is a good idea now, I think. The bugtracker
works and can be used, and everything which is not an upstream bug is
great to get reported.