Very slow boot time with latest KDE releases

john.c at danumlinux.com john.c at danumlinux.com
Sat Feb 15 14:54:31 EST 2014

After last nights problems with slow boot times, I checked the latest
KDE releases
and both 32 and 64 bit versions suffer from the same problem,it has
also been confirmed by another user in an email to me. OK a updated
version of networkmanager is available after installing, but it does
not look good for a new user when a default install takes an eternity
to boot
So can updated versions be built and made available.

one thing I did notice is that /etc/lsb-release, has not been updated
to reflect the release version, it still shows 1.0 not 1.0-RC.

John