Tanglu GNOME RC, RC2 - first impressions
rzelnik at tvorivo.sk
Sun Feb 16 02:55:35 EST 2014
here are my first impressions and some suggestions from Tanglu GNOME RC
* Start menu Option "Boot from first hard disk" doesn't work as expected
- it just starts the Boot menu welcome screen again, even if the
system on the hard disk is well installed.
* The installation process doesn't offer automatic allocation of
partitions. Do the average desktop users know how to allocate the
* Ext2 is default in installation's gparted. Wouldn't be Ext4 better?
* After successfull allocation and formatting the drive in gparted the
Tanglu installation script requires to format the partitions again.
This is confusing. So should I skip formatting option in gparted?
Would be possible to block the formatting option in gparted and use it
for partition allocation only?
* It would be great to have the "Install Tanglu"
button in the live system somewhere in the left bar to be easily
More information about the Tanglu-devel