Sound on Shutdown

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Feb 25 08:55:57 EST 2014

> Hi all.
>
> On shutdown of Tanglu 1.0 a sound is played (which sounds like a 8bit orc
> dying, or so :)). Is there a way to disable this sound?
Is it sent via the system speaker or normal speakers? Do you use KDE or GNOME?
Let me say one thing: No Orcs were harmed in the making of Tanglu ;-)
(and even while running it this is not intentional, I think ^^ - KDE
makes a "bing" noise on shutdown, while GNOME makes something which
sounds like if you were using a hole puncher (or just like "plopp"))