Sound on Shutdown

Alexander Wauck alex at impulse101.org
Wed Feb 26 21:34:05 EST 2014

Does it seem to be two "notes" long?  With the second one being a bit lower in
pitch?  I've noticed one of my machines making that sound on shutdown, but
only one of them.  Specifically, a desktop machine with no speakers attached
(I'm using it as a server) makes the noise, but my netbook doesn't.  I'm
pretty sure it's some kind of BIOS feature, but I don't remember if it
happened before I installed Tanglu.

Alex