Aw: Take a look at broken Tanglu packages now!

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Mon Jan 13 06:41:56 EST 2014

> Gesendet: Samstag, 11. Januar 2014 um 18:33 Uhr
> Von: "Matthias Klumpp" <matthias at tenstral.net>
> An: "Tanglu development list" <tanglu-devel at lists.tanglu.org>
> Betreff: Take a look at broken Tanglu packages now!
>
> Hi!
> We are coming closer to a release, but there are still some broken
> packages in Tanglu, which are uninstallable due to various reasons.
> I compiled at list at QA, which will be updated frequently:
> http://qa.tanglu.org/pkg-removal-aequorea.txt
> All packages which are still broken at a certain point in time will be
> removed from aequorea.
> Many packages are still broken due to unfinished transitions[1],
> others need some more love with patches to make them work, or there
> has to be some installability-conflict solving. Many of these issues
> can simply be fixed by issueing rebuild uploads to Tanglu.
> So, if there is a package on the list you care about, act now and save it! ;-)
> Cheers,
>     Matthias
>

> [1]: http://qa.tanglu.org/transitions/

Hi,

I want to help fixing some broken packages. My questions:

- exist logs for each package to see what's happened?
- do I need a build environment or is it enough to build a package
  described here: https://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian ?
- If I built a working package where should I upload it?
- Do I need an admission?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein
Fvwm-Nightshade (http://fvwm-nightshade.github.io/Fvwm-Nightshade) - Desktop environment based on Fvwm