Aw: Re: GNOME lovers needed for live-cd help!

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Tue Jan 14 09:29:11 EST 2014

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014 um 15:17 Uhr
> Von: "James D. Tyler" <james.d.tyler at gmail.com>
> An: "Tanglu development list" <tanglu-devel at lists.tanglu.org>
> Betreff: Re: GNOME lovers needed for live-cd help!
>
> On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 02:23:15 PM Thomas Funk wrote:
> > [ ... ]
> > Btw. The text and graphical install process at the live cd ends up in a
> > kernel panic because no init found. Perhaps no environment (packed squashfs
> > image) available. Only the vmlinuz and initrd.gz found in the install
> > folder ...
> >

> try passing a correct path to the vmlinuz and initrd.gz. it may actually work.
> thanks
> Jay

The paths are looking the same as for the live boot:
live:
linux /live/vmlinuz
initrd /live/initrd.img

install:
linux /install/vmlinuz
initrd /install/initrd.gz

They're pointing to the same level. As I am back at home I'll check the permissions.
At the moment I've mounted the iso under windows so I cannot see the rights.

- Thomas -