Question about status of Debian Installer

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Wed Jan 15 10:42:20 EST 2014

Hi!

2014/1/15 Thomas Funk <t.funk at web.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to ask how the tanglunizing status of the Debian installer is.
>
> Where are the sources? Perhaps I can help.
The sources are - like almost everything else - on Gitorious:
 https://gitorious.org/tanglu/debian-installer/source/master:
Unfortunately, d-i is still not working: It fails to find the init
system (which is just a simple shell-script in d-i's case, so
unrelated to sysvinit or systemd) and maybe even produces a broken
initrd.
You can join us on #tanglu-devel on Freenode, ask yofel and Psud0nym
about d-i ;-)
Right now, I am putting together an adjusted version of the LMDE
installer, so we will have at least one working installer solution
soonish. (There will be an announcement about it this week)