release numbers

ca2013 at arcor.de ca2013 at arcor.de
Sun Jan 19 04:55:40 EST 2014

> I think it is very realistic to release Tanglu 1.2 on 12.Feb.2014
> (it's now 1.2 instead of 1.1 because we changed months)

Sounds a little  bit strange, but yeah....

Referring to the versions as 14.1 and 14.2 (or non decimal 14-2)
may cause less surprises and need less explanations.

The power of good terms shows when they can explain themself, right?

And BTW, there may later be canonical (meaning: reduced to the simplest and most
significant form possible without loss of generality) projects basing derivative
releases on tanglu releases.
So, time based release numbers may make a some sense.