Tanglu B-Release name voting will happen soon

ca2013 at arcor.de ca2013 at arcor.de
Sun Jan 19 14:49:20 EST 2014

> > Simply call the development branches by the year followed by a letter.
> By doing so we'll end up with a bunch of confused users. The classical
> naming scheme (a release number, either 5,6,7,8 such as Debian or 10.04,
> 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 as Ubuntu combined with a nickname) hasworked for
> many years now.

Precisely that mixing of version numbers and nicknames are very confusing.
When a mere user looks for information he finds references that make absolutely
no sense for normal people. For example, a user installed 12.04 and gets
some thing like:
"In precise this is bad but we might be getting that into saucy."

I think it is important to facilitate clear communications.
Thus I'd propose to keep the naming truly simple,
stupid and precise like "tanglu 2014A".

By all means, avoid requiring any freak like knowledge from users and adding ambiguity.