LiveCD problem

Johannes johannes.paur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 02:43:22 EST 2014

Hi,

I tested the LiveCD with virtualbox and vmware player. No success in
getting the installer to run.

Gnome, as is known, does not even start, screen is just black.
KDE starts but after a few seconds it usually freezes. I managed to get
the Installer to load on a few occasions, it died seconds later.

Same reaction on 32 and 64 bit. At least it's consistent. :-)

Hostsystem: Fedora 20
vmware player 5.0.3
virtualbox 4.3.6

I could get it to run the installer on hardware from a usb stick, didn't
install it though.

I will try a different hardware and host system next.

Regards,
Johannes