Tanglu Forums?

ca2013 at arcor.de ca2013 at arcor.de
Sun Mar 2 12:35:53 EST 2014

> Sites like Stackoverflow are good at providing information and answers
> to questions but bad for creating communities. Call me old school, but I
> prefer IRC and messageboards. I'd 'vote' against such a system.

Using such "service offerings" would also include the fishing nets of countless analytics
scripts that track and store information from tanglu users and readers without limits.
So better to avoid that, and not following ubuntu here.

Maybe the administration load could be shared by collaborating, for example
with http://forums.debian.net, with an additional tanglu section and maybe
domain pointing to a shared server? Migrate to a new forum software?

After all, if tanglu is to bring improved and updated debian versions to contemporary users,
and to bring improvements back into debian, a collaborative discussion system could be very helpful.