Nvidia Problems

s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 12:07:05 EST 2014

I don't know if anyone has come across this yet so I am passing it on.

I just downloaded Version 1.0(64) KDE and tried to do an install on a HP Desktop with a Nvidia Card installed.  This system does not have a Video Card on the motherboard so there is not a problem with conflicts between two cards.

The video looks good during the loading of the OS, but when the desktop finally comes the kicker bar is not usable and I cannot get to anything.  When I "accidentally" get to the right place and something does open it is unreadable.  This problem also occurs with the 'buntu 13.10s so I had to back down to 13.04 to get this system to work.  With this knowledge I assume it has to do with the change in Nvidia drivers between the two releases.  If needed I can find what driver 13.04 is using, but not 13.10.  It would be nice to know, but I cannot get it loaded to check.

Steve Richardson

The only stupid question is the one you already know the answer.