Aw: Nvidia Problems

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Tue Mar 4 05:07:20 EST 2014

Hi,

s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com wrote:
> The video looks good during the loading of the OS, but when the desktop finally comes the kicker bar is not usable and I cannot get to anything.  When I "accidentally" get to the right place and something does open it is unreadable.  This problem also occurs with the 'buntu 13.10s so I had to back down to 13.04 to get this system to work.

I have had the same issue with the Beta release. While booting the live image all was fine but after KDE was loaded the graphic gots unreadable. I've tried to installing it anyway but wasn't possible ...

> I just downloaded Version 1.0(64) KDE and tried to do an install on a HP Desktop with a Nvidia Card installed.  This system does not have a Video Card on the motherboard so there is not a problem with conflicts between two cards.

My motherboard has an Intel onboard card but the monitor is connected to the external Nvidia 7200.

> With this knowledge I assume it has to do with the change in Nvidia drivers between the two releases.  If needed I can find what driver 13.04 is using, but not 13.10.  It would be nice to know, but I cannot get it loaded to check.

Does the live system load the Nvidia driver or rather the Nouveau? I think the live system is loading the internal one ...

- Thomas -
--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein