Aw: Nvidia Problems

s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 10:57:59 EST 2014

Thomas,

I am glad I am not the only person that has seen this problem.  I was wondering if you had tried to do a install with out your NVIDIA card attached.  Ubuntu has documented that having more than one video card attached can cause problems upon install.  Their explanation is the installation program gets confused as to which driver to install.  This really manifests itself if the cards are of different manufactures.

On my system lspci (running Kubutu 13.09) gives the following information:

VGA Compatible Controller: NVIDIA Corporation G72 [GeForce 7300LE] (Rev A1)

Steve Richardson

The only stupid question is the one you already know the answer.