Remaining tasks before we can release Bartholomea

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Fri Oct 24 17:55:19 EDT 2014

Hi there,

at the moment I've some problems on my build machine with my Tanglu installation - have used hibernation but the swap was smaller than my ram and thus I get inode errors now which needs first a e2fsck before i can use it again (hopefully) ... @_@

At the moment I have only my laptop to build which is not that fast (core2duo) but I try to fix broken packages as much I can.

Best,
Thomas

Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hello Tanglu users and developers!
> (this is cross-posted to tgl-announce, please only reply on -devel)
> As you might have noticed, we are behind our schedule in releasing
> Tanglu 2. There are some good reasons for delaying the release
> (Aequorea is supported at least a month after the next release is
> publicly available), but now only a few points are left before we can
> release.
> So, this email is a reminder about why we can't release Bartholomea
> currently, a public TODO-list as well as information how you can help
> to make the release happen faster.
>
> == Fix broken packages ==
> *highest priority*
> There are still many broken packages in Bartholomea. Those must either
> be fixed or removed.
> There is a list of broken stuff available at
> http://qa.tanglu.org/bartholomea-wspace/ in YAML format.
> All new package uploads need to go through staging, so it should be
> made sure that they pass the staging area.
>
> == Complete ongoing transitions ==
> There are still some incomplete package transitions, which hold
> packages in staging which should really be in Bartholomea instead.
> You can find a list of them here: http://qa.tanglu.org/transitions/
> Everything at 0% is not yet started, and shouldn't be started in the
> Bartholomea cycle.
>
> == Help packages migrate from Staging ==
> There are still packages failing to migrate from Staging to
> Bartholomea. While this is not fatal, it might fix bugs to have the
> packages in the next release, and helping stuff to migrate is always a
> good idea, since new packages will clear staging much faster.
> A list of stuff which is currentöy failing to migrate can be found at
> http://qa.tanglu.org/staging-report/update_excuses.html
>
> == Test the Debian-Installer ==
> The Debian-Installer (d-i) for Tanglu needs some more testing. Hand in
> hand with that goes testing of the latest update of nfs-utils, which
> provides Tanglu with a new upstream version of the package, fixing
> many bugs (including one which made d-i not usable), but that update
> might have induces new issues, especially because we are fully using
> the systemd units for it now. So please test that as well if you are
> using NFS.
> The d-i for Tanglu can easily be tested using this example NetInstall
> iso: http://archive.tanglu.org/tanglu/dists/bartholomea/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
>
> == Fix KDE issues ==
> This is basically helping packages migrate from staging and testing
> our current default desktop, to see if everything works well. Anyone
> can do that :-)
> Bonus points go to the one who can help identifying the issue why sddm
> suddenly stopped logging in the live-user on Tanglu's daily snapshot
> ISOs.
> Daily snapshots of the Tanglu development state can be downloaded at
> [...]

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein