Remaining tasks before we can release Bartholomea

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Fri Oct 24 18:59:24 EDT 2014

Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Thomas Funk <t.funk at web.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> at the moment I've some problems on my build machine with my Tanglu
>>> installation - have used hibernation but the swap was smaller than my ram
>>> and thus I get inode errors now which needs first a e2fsck before i can use
>>> it again (hopefully) ... @_@
> This should not happen... Are you sure the events are related?
Jep ... it boots in recovery mode and the log said that hibernation image is
set but not found.

Also it said that ext4 has some inode inconsistencies - needs e2fsck ...

>>> At the moment I have only my laptop to build which is not that fast
>>> (core2duo) but I try to fix broken packages as much I can.
> You can build tanglu packages from Debian or Ubuntu as well, you just
> need a Bartholomea chroot, or simply a pbuilder environment.
> For many source-only uploads, you don't need a build environment at all.
I need a build environment because I don't upload packages which I haven't
checked that they're built successfully.

At the moment I'm building the missing dolfin package ... but the compiling
takes in both environments time and cpu usage ... running since 15 or 20
minutes on 60% ...

-- Thomas --

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein