[Tanglu] Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) Beta released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat May 30 20:43:03 EDT 2015

> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce the beta release of Tanglu 3, which
>> includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and Tanglu Core!
>>
>> The beta release contains many updated packages compared to the
>> previous alpha release. It also features a fresh new wallpaper.
>>
>> Most importantly, these components were updated:
>>  * systemd 220
>>  * Linux 4.0
>
> Is this linux version affected by the ext4 corruption issues?

Yes and No ;-)
Yes, because the version we have on the live-cd still has this issue,
and no because a newer kernel with this bug fixed is already waiting
in the staging area of Tanglu to be included in the release. So people
installing the Beta will receive a kernel update with the first
collection of updates, and the final release will not contain this bug
(in fact, this one is so severe that it would warrant a delay of the
final release until it is fixed).

>>  * KDE Plasma 5.3
>>  * GNOME 3.16
>>  * Calamares Git snapshot
>>  * All changes from Debian Jessie
>>
>> When testing Tanglu 3 Beta, please keep in mind that it is a
>> development snapshot release and still contains many rough edges. It
>> also contains some known bugs, e.g. a GEdit starting issue under GNOME
>> (TT: #156).
>
> I commented on the ticket what was up with this. As a workaround for
> people wanting to to test, you should be able to just disable the file
> browser plugin in gedit (you can use dconf-editor, go to
> org.gnome.gedit.plugins, then modify the active-plugins key).

Nice! I didn't know that this was possible :)
We can't change the announcement mail, but we can maybe add that
information to the announcement on the Tanglu website. Or just update
to GEdit 3.16 quickly ;-)