Dasyatis Beta release planning

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sun May 15 20:40:59 EDT 2016

Hi!

With EFI support working now, at least with the Debian Installer
install option, we can go further with planning the beta release.

For that, I would like to have the main desktop environments, GNOME
and KDE Plasma, ready.
GNOME 3.20 is currently trapped in staging, so it needs some help to
migrate into dasyatis.
Plasma 5.6 is a bit more tricky, because we would need to pull it from
experimental.

Does anyone want to help with these tasks? If we can complete them in
time, I expect the beta release to be this month, and the final
release following shorty afterwards, max. 1m later.
We really need to get this release out of the door as soon as
possible, but without shipping too outdated stuff and sacrificing
quality.

Overall, T4 is shaping up to be a great and feature-packed release :-)