Dasyatis Beta release planning

Thomas Funk t.funk at web.de
Sun May 15 20:58:17 EDT 2016

Hi!

On 05/16/2016 02:40 AM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With EFI support working now, at least with the Debian Installer
> install option, we can go further with planning the beta release.
>
> For that, I would like to have the main desktop environments, GNOME
> and KDE Plasma, ready.
> GNOME 3.20 is currently trapped in staging, so it needs some help to
> migrate into dasyatis.
> Plasma 5.6 is a bit more tricky, because we would need to pull it from
> experimental.
>
> Does anyone want to help with these tasks? If we can complete them in
> time, I expect the beta release to be this month, and the final
> release following shorty afterwards, max. 1m later.
> We really need to get this release out of the door as soon as
> possible, but without shipping too outdated stuff and sacrificing
> quality.
>
> Overall, T4 is shaping up to be a great and feature-packed release :-)
>
> Cheers,
>      Matthias

I've finished the Beta of Fvwm-Nightshade 0.8 today and after some tests
whether all work fine I would help with Gnome 3.20 or Plasma 5.6 in a week.

Hope this is not too late. If so I could do other tasks needed for T4.

Best,
Thomas

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein