Dasyatis Beta release planning

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sun May 15 21:31:00 EDT 2016

> Hi!
>
> On 05/16/2016 02:40 AM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>

> I've finished the Beta of Fvwm-Nightshade 0.8 today and after some tests
> whether all work fine I would help with Gnome 3.20 or Plasma 5.6 in a week.
>
> Hope this is not too late. If so I could do other tasks needed for T4.

No, not at all. The release suffered a bit because I was really busy
with things, but now, I think if we do focused work on releasing
Tanglu for a while, we can get T4 out in ~2months, maybe even earlier.
And as always, all help is welcome.
Special kudos for fixing the Calamares-EFI bug (TT#219), but IMHO this
bug isn't a hard blocker for the T4 release anymore, unlike the "EFI
doesn't work at all" state a few days ago.

Apart from updating the DEs, the release seems pretty solid. I will
freeze Debian imports next week, they are enabled again temporarily to
make a Plasma 5.6 pull from Debian experimental possible.
We can test 5.6 in staging then (where GNOME 3.20 already is) and then
see if it's suitable for the dasyatis release.