[Tanglu-users] rpcbind not startet

info at bluelupo.net info at bluelupo.net
Sat Jun 21 12:00:36 EDT 2014

Hi,
I have found that the NFS service does not start on my Lapto. Each NFS share
is not mountable.

Error message:
# mount /mnt/import/diskdump
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

That can not work because of rpcbind is not running. The following error
message reports systemd:

# systemctl status nfs-common
nfs-common.service - LSB: NFS support files common to client and server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nfs-common)
   Active: inactive (dead)

Jun 20 18:34:18 ethan systemd[1]: Job nfs-common.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start

Here are the errors from systemd:

# journalctl -b -p err|egrep -i '(nfs|rpc)'
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job nfs-common.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job rpcbind.service/start deleted to break
ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job nfs-common.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job rpcbind.service/start deleted to break
ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job nfs-common.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:07:11 ethan systemd[1]: Job rpcbind.service/start deleted to break
ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Jun 21 17:46:19 ethan rpc.statd[1619]: failed to create RPC listeners, exiting

When I start "rpcbind" by hand can the the NFS share to mount. What can I do
with the rpcbind service start automatically at boot?

Greetings
bluelupo